I originally found this recipe online and changed a few things including the sugar content. I make this often and usually don't add walnuts unless I'm making it to go with a dessert.
The tartness of the cranberries taste great with anything sweet like angel cake, pound cake, eggnog mold or mixed with yogurt (as shown in the picture).
Serve with yogurt, angel cake, pound cake, eggnog mold .
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin, unflavoured
- 1/3 cup water and 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine the sugar and 1/3 cups water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil; stirring until the sugar dissolves
- Add the cranberries and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the cranberries 'pop'
- In a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons of cold water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir the gelatin-water into cranberry mixture until gelatin dissolves
- Remove from heat; stir in apple and walnuts.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours (minimum)
FOUND THE ORIGINAL RECIPE, on Taste of Home https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/eggnog-gelatin-mold