UPDATE: Clarification on Vaccination Requirements
September 23, 2021
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work through the first few days of implementation of the Ontario Government’s proof of vaccination legislation. Below are some important points of clarification and some friendly tips to make the check in process quicker.
Clarification on Vaccination Requirements:
Some vaccination requirements at our facilities are as follows:
• All participants and spectators UNDER 12 years of age are exempt and do not need to show proof of vaccination (ID is required to prove age – no photo required).
• Participants (non-spectators) between the ages of 12 and 17 may enter the facility for the purpose of actively participating in the sport or activity as long as they show proof of one dose of a COVID19 vaccination accompanied by Government issued ID. This option for entry to the facility with only one vaccination will expire November 15, 2021, at which time all persons 12 years of age and over will be required to be fully vaccinated.
• Anyone 12 years and older- spectators, parents, coaches, volunteers and participants (aged 18 and over) are required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated accompanied by Government issued ID.
• Starting November 15, 2021 ALL visitors 12 years of age and older to our facilities including but not limited to participants, spectators, parents, coaches and volunteers are required to show proof that they are fully vaccinated accompanied by Government issued ID unless they can provide a valid medical note from a doctor.
Further clarification, fully vaccinated means that you have received the full course of COVID vaccines (2 for AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna and 1 for Johnson & Johnson) AND 14 days have passed since you received the last valid dose in the series.
Tips/suggestions for a Smooth Screening Process (NOT REQUIRED):
• Create a document that shows a copy of your ID and proof of vaccination on one sheet (or one on the front one on the back)
• Screenshots, photocopies and email copies of records are acceptable. If you are showing screenshots of both your ID and proof of vaccination, save the 2 documents one after the other in your phone so you can easily flip back and forth. We need to compare the name and date of birth for both so we most likely need to flip back and forth multiple times.
• Complete your health screening online prior to coming. You’ll get an email that can be shown as proof of screening and can save the time doing the screening at the door by showing that email. The City has a screening tool that can be accessed at the link or by scanning the QR code above.